The NESHEP target for safety is simply; “To continually reduce injuries and incidents towards Zero”
The North East SHE Partnership (NESHEP) is an organisation of committed professionals based in the North East, sharing best practice, helping to educate our member organisations in all aspects of Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental issues at work, the ultimate goal being to promote safe working environments and prevent accidents.
NESHEP merged with Teesside Safety Group (TSG) in June 2011, from then on the group became one, taking the new name of NESHEP. Most organisations survive due to its strength from members/memberships, this being one of the reasons that NESHEP approached TSG to consider joining forces to create a stronger local SHE partnership.
Attendees are encouraged to meet at 9:30am to network and share best practice prior to the speaker presentation starting at 10.00am.
Our speakers are of high quality and provide informative presentations to members. New members are entitled to a 10 minute presentation to introduce themselves to the group.
Members have previously visited SITA Recycling Plant – Haverton Hill, Caterpillar UK – Peterlee, NISSAN UK – Sunderland and most recently 3M – Newton Aycliffe.
Following on from our main meetings, all members are provided with meeting summary. This is to ensure that members who cannot attend the main meeting are still kept up to date.
Members are encouraged to bring potential new members along to meetings as guests.
- – A forum to contribute your ideas/seek solutions to your SHE management problems
- – Networking/sharing best practice with attendees from a variety of companies
- – Different speaker at each main meeting covering different topics of SHE
- – Free/discounted events and upcoming event information (exhibitions,seminars,training…)
- – Annual site tours
- – Safety alerts & toolbox talks distributed to members
- – HSE input and attendance to main meetings (whenever possible)
- – Regular circulations (meeting invites, requests from members, meeting summaries…)
- – NESHEP certificate for your company use (certificates are only distributed once members have paid their subscription fees)
We hope that members will participate in whichever way possible to help the partnership succeed.